Do you want to carry out alterations to or adjacent to a party wall? Is your neighbour already carrying out works to your party wall?

Anyone intending to carry out work of the kinds described in the party wall etc Act 1996 must give the adjoining owners notice of their intentions. If your neighbour is carrying out the works, you are usually entitled to employ your own engineer/surveyor to advise you on works covered within the act at their cost.

De Silva Structures can advise you on all matters relating to an existing party wall or structure, a new building at or astride the boundary line, or an excavation within 3 or 6 metres of a neighbouring structure.

We are able to produce and serve notices, prepare party wall awards including schedules of conditions and inspect the works while they are proceeding.